Who Wants To Join Our Free Social Media Platform Workshop In Indonesia?
Following a year long pilot program in Indonesia called Bali Against AIDS, we now plan to expand the project to cover the entire country, reaching out to young people with all the information they need for their sexual health including what diseases are out there, symptoms, protecting themselves, where to get tested, their rights as well as the support available to them regarding these matters. Having already translated and made readily accessible information about sexual health in Bahasa Indonesia in our pilot project, we want to focus now on training young, motivated people on how to do prevention work, with the aim of employing the best participant to run the social media platform “Indonesia Against AIDS” from our Asia office in Sanur, Bali at the end of the workshop. The workshop will involve a live online campaign for participants to practice and perfect the execution.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
* use social media and mobile technology to reach out to young people;
* do research about which resources are available for young people sexual health wise across the country;
* build partnerships with other organizations (local and international) that are active in the fight against HIV/ AIDS and other sexual issues;
* use pop culture (local and international) as a way to diversify and keep campaigns fresh and interesting for young people;
* create and implement a campaign, applying the knowledge you have learned;
* research the funding possibilities available -not only in Indonesia but also worldwide- enabling you and us to continue our work towards the future, after the workshop has ended.
- 21 to 30 years of age
- High school graduate (minimum; university is preferred)
- Engaged (or interested) in creative projects with an organization in their home country already, preferably
in the theme of safer sex, HIV/AIDS prevention, equal rights for gay, lesbian and transgender people,
healthy living or equivalent.
- Engaged or interested in social media
- Must love social media!!!
- Interest or experience working in social/educational programs
- Interest or experience working in creative enterprises/media/fashion/internet innovation
- Interest or experience in project development and planning, event planning, media outreach
- Computer skills (Office Suite and internet applications. Graphic software are a +). Have a laptop for the
- English and Bahasa Indonesia fluency required
Interested and available in May? Then send us a letter explaining why you're the perfect person for the workshop and for the job and mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org